By default, HelpNDoc will only expand the root topics in the generated HTML documentation (Level 1). To change the expanded level of your HTML table of contents:
- In HelpNDoc's "Home" ribbon tab, click the top part of the "Generate help" button to display the generation window
- Select your HTML build on the left
- Click "Customize" if the "Template settings" tab is not already visible on the right
- In the "Template settings" tab, locate the "Table of content expand level"
- Change its value to "0" to show only the root topics, or a higher value to expand children topics